Neurosoft S.A., is a leading software, networking and information security provider in financial, telecommunication, transportation, gaming and government sectors, providing solutions and services aiming to increase operating efficiency and security. Listed in the Italian Stock Exchange since 2009, currently employees 200+ highly skilled professionals with in depth expertise in their field.
We are currently seeking a cloud engineer to work within our team, which will be responsible for the efficient functioning of all cloud-based systems of our customers. He / She should be able to plan, develop, and put in place optimal cloud solutions and infrastructure, also should be able to resolve any issues and debug the cloud stack without risking company’s security.
This person will serve as part of a talented team of cloud and system engineers who collectively demonstrate excellent technical competence, reliability in delivering mission-critical infrastructure, and who continually ensure the highest levels of accessibility, optimization, and security. He / She should have a strong technical expertise to provide cloud services matching the clients’ requirements and be able to evaluate cloud architecture and strategies in collaboration with the Cloud Architect.
Qualified cloud engineers’ applicants will have a strong background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Cloud Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to manage and monitor Cloud installed systems and infrastructure
- Oversight of Cloud infrastructure including installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Ability to see potential issues and proactively ensure the highest levels of cloud systems and infrastructure accessibility
- Using scalable computing resources via cloud environments like Amazon web services, Microsoft Azure, and Google cloud platform
- Creating and implementing public cloud services to help clients work smarter
- Continual maintenance of security, including backup and redundancy strategies
- Competency in writing and maintaining custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower downtime due to required human intervention
- Desire to work alongside the team to help design information and operational support systems
- Monitor and test performance of applications, foreseeing potential bottlenecks and identifying possible solutions
- Consistently and successfully provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Excellence in communication as a liaison with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve issues
Systems Engineer Requirements and Qualifications
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field
- Proven working experience in the above fields including installing, configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows /Linux based environments
- Candidate must have strong experience with multi/hybrid Cloud services.
- Candidate must have at least one Cloud Certification (Associate Cloud Engineer, Professional Cloud Architect) or any comparable certifications.
- Hands-on Cloud migration and transformation experience with implementation and troubleshooting
- Significant Cloud experience, on Microsoft AZURE and M365
- Evidence of experience with virtualization software (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Proven ability to successfully and efficiently monitor systems
- Proven scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts)
- Strong networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- At least 5+ years of related working experience
A competitive compensation package, a stable and enjoyable working environment, excellent opportunities for professional development, working on leading-edge technology and industry trends.